As a web developer you’ll be part of a cross functional Scrum team creating new and better ways to bring advertising to our users, by integrating an advertising module into the most popular news websites in Belgium and the Netherlands. Our mission is to make sure our users get the best experience in terms of look and feel, and relevance in our ads while upscaling the revenue for DPG Media.
The advertising ecosystem is a fast moving industry that requires a lot of flexibility and cooperation with 3rd parties to reach our goal.
Your key strengths:
- First and foremost: you are excited and eager to build new and innovative media applications together with the team.
- You’re a great communicator and team player - going for the victory together!
- Curious and open-minded
- Critical; always looking for the 'why' of things
- Passionate about development and always focused on quality
- In short, an agile mindset!
- Must-have knowledge …
- You feel responsible for what you do. You build it, you run it!
- You understand the importance of testing within a development process
- Nice to have knowledge …
- Experience with notions/tools like Jira, Confluence, Git, CI/CD
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud based services. At DPG Media we heavily rely on AWS.
- Node Lambdas or similar cloud functions
- Your homebase will be in Vilvoorde
- Once every 2 weeks you’re expected in Antwerp
- Occasional trips to Rotterdam and Amsterdam
You will be working at a leading media company bustling with fun colleagues.
Like you, they are passionate about digital and offline media and are continuously learning new things from each other and from the best in the trade. You are set out on a journey where every next week will be different from the last, and where you are stimulated on a daily basis to take things to the next level. As a cherry on top, we offer you an interesting salary package and corresponding benefits (company car, group and health insurance, 32 days of paid leave, a renowned company restaurant,...