Your challenge We are currently looking for a System Engineer - Oracle DBA for our Cloud City squad. This team is responsible for maintaining the on-premise systems infrastructure and supporting other teams to move their infrastructure to the cloud. Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for the configuration, operational management and migration of the Oracle and SQL-server environment.
How can you make a difference? Together with your colleagues DBA’s, you're in daily charge of our on-premise Oracle and MS SQL-server environment. You contribute in the configuration, support, monitoring and upgrading of our current and new database environments. You will also support other teams in moving their database to AWS. You have an Agile mindset, as a team member you contribute daily to the value this team delivers to its’ stakeholders. You dare to make technical decisions while taking into account all of the expectations and priorities. You are willing to learn and to evolve, and to achieve results together with the team.
Operational management, realising projects, support of Application Specialists in other teams, … it’s just a small part of your daily job.
You create and apply the correct procedures, document your work and your environment, and actively contribute to creating cross-functionality within your team, both by transferring your knowledge and experience to your colleagues as well as through learning from your colleagues.
Squad? The Cloud City squad is a mix of different profiles, gathered in one TEAM: DBA’s for Oracle, SQL-server and Linux/Unix/Solaris system engineers, Windows system engineers, middleware engineers, DevOps, most of them with AWS certificates. Different projects, one goal, one mission! Together with your colleagues, we expect you to evolve to become more cloud oriented, and support your colleagues in their migration to AWS. If you haven’t already, we expect you to have an AWS certificate within 6 months.
Your key strengths
- Must-have Deep knowledge and experience: extensive experience with Oracle and MS SQL-server as a Database administrator in a large production environment. Experience with scripting (Unix shell), monitoring, and automation of database administration.
- Broad knowledge and experience: it would be a great plus if you have already experience with AWS, one or more Linux/Unix flavours and Windows server.
You are eager to learn, and willing to evolve within our environment. Your scope is broader than just Oracle, MS SQL-server. Continuous improvement and delivering high quality is part of your DNA. You have an Agile mindset and have preferably already worked in a scrum/agile environment. You easily explain and efficiently solve complex problems You like to work in a cross-functional team, and you actively want to learn from your colleagues, even if it is not your own domain of expertise. You are a team player.
- You are passionate about analyses and are a proactive and out-of-the-box thinker
- Willing to sporadically take a trip to the Netherlands or Denmark for your job.
What we offer you
- You will be working at a leading media company bustling with fun colleagues. Like you, they are passionate about digital and offline media and are continuously learning new things from each other and from the best in the trade. You are set out on a journey where every next week will be different from the last, and where you are stimulated on a daily basis to take things to the next level.
- You will help in shaping the news media of the future and are given the opportunity to keep reinventing yourself in an environment where continuous learning is the benchmark. All of this through trainings (internal and external), guild meetings, online courses, experiments,... You decide where the journey takes you, with maximum support from us.
- We offer you an interesting freelance agreement with a 2-3 year commitment .
- As a cherry on top, our new office is located at walking distance of Antwerp-Central station.