What it’s about Here at DPG Media we believe that privacy is an essential part of the digital experience for all of our users. Within the marketing department – which is active in both The Netherlands and Belgium – we’re looking for a great Java developer to help us realise our privacy vision.
As a developer in the new privacy team you’ll be responsible for maintaining and updating a couple of existing applications and services – in the cloud – which are used throughout the whole organisation. Additionally we want to expand the privacy domain with new services and features, to improve privacy for our users and make privacy more transparent throughout our organisation.
This is us At DPG Media you get to work for an international media company where you can build stuff that is used by millions of people.
Continuous deployment and automated testing are some of our core beliefs and we’ve moved to the cloud (AWS actually) with no intention of turning back. We also strongly believe in autonomous and self-managing teams, so you get a lot of say in how you want to work or what you want to improve. You’ll join a new team and you can count on much love & support from your more experienced colleagues.
We do our best to support you to build the best software possible, whether it’s working remotely 1 day per week or giving you access to the latest and greatest development tools. Hungry for more knowledge? We got you: take a couple of days every year to visit conferences or take on some extra training.
And finally, before we forget: obviously we’ll pay you some money too and slap on a bunch of benefits while we’re at it.
This is what we're looking for
- Your homebase is Antwerp, but you don’t mind regularly travelling to Rotterdam or Amsterdam
- You don’t mind interacting with a wide range of people such as DPOs, developers, product owners and marketeers
- You believe in agile and you understand why it matters
- You’re a good communicator when it matters
- Privacy & GDPR related topics are of (great) interest to you
- Modern Java is not a secret to you and you’re passionate about its ecosystem
- You are well-versed in modern web technologies such as HTTP, REST & JSON
- Experience with AWS, MongoDB and/or Thymeleaf would be nice