How can you make a difference?
- Your focus is primarily on back-end Java software development. You know all there is to know about your domain, and Java 8 (or higher), REST, Maven, Spring, Hibernate, MongoDB and ElasticSearch hold no secrets from you. Okay, maybe just a few secrets... but the point is that you love learning new things and that you keep a close eye on technological evolutions.
- Squad? Different profiles, one TEAM. Different projects, one goal, one mission! As a team, you are responsible for the design, low-level architecture, build, QA testing and delivery of software. We live by the baseline: ‘you build it, you run it’.
- Don't forget: what you do is not important, it's essential to our daily flow.
- Located in Antwerp
- Collaborating with teams in The Netherlands, so regular traveling to Amsterdam and Rotterdam may occur;
- Must-have knowledge: Amazon Web Services, Java 8 up to 11, database technologies (relational as well as document based), REST, Spring and Hibernate
- CI/CD knowledge: Maven/Gradle, Bitbucket pipelines, docker, ECS, fargate
- Beyond that, you are familiar with DDD, the SOLID principles and Clean Code. TDD/BDD are a second nature to you and you’ve at least heard of Clean Architecture (a.k.a ports and adapters).
- Agile mindset and experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Curious and open-minded
- Critical; always looking for the 'why' of things
- Passionate about development and always focused on quality
- Team oriented – going for victory together
You draw energy from working in a high-tech and continuously innovating environment as we're switching to an AWS cloud.