As a Java Developer at de Persgroep you will be joining a team of more than 500 IT colleagues. Each and every one of us is driven by the passion for our products and we find teamwork, taking initiative and having an agile mindset to be important. You will be working in a cross-functional Scrum team, a.k.a. a ‘Squad’.
- *How can you make a difference?*Your focus is primarily on back-end Java software development. You know all there is to know about your domain, and Java 8 (or higher), REST, Maven, Spring, Hibernate, MongoDB and ElasticSearch hold no secrets from you. Okay, maybe just a few secrets... but the point is that you love learning new things and that you keep a close eye on technological evolutions.
- Squad? Different profiles, one TEAM. Different projects, one goal, one mission! As a team, you are responsible for the design, low-level architecture, build, QA testing and delivery of software. We live by the baseline: ‘you build it, you run it’.
- Don't forget: what you do is not important, it's essential to our daily flow.
Your key strengths
- Must-have knowledge: Java11, Databases, REST, Maven, Spring and Hibernate
- Nice-to-have Knowledge: AWS, TypeScript, Python, Angular/Vue/React/Polymer.
- Knowledge of certain technologies is not the most important element. Beyond that, you are conceptually familiar with ORM, Document store, AOP, DDD, SOLID. Clean Code & TDD are a second nature.
- Agile mindset and experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Curious and open-minded
- Critical; always looking for the 'why' of things
- Passionate about development and always focused on quality
- Team oriented – going for victory together
- You draw energy from working in a high-tech and continuously innovating environment (did you know that we have switched to an AWS cloud?).
You will be working at a leading media company bustling with fun colleagues.
Like you, they are passionate about digital and offline media and are continuously learning new things from each other and from the best in the trade. You are set out on a journey where every next week will be different from the last, and where you are stimulated on a daily basis to take things to the next level. As a cherry on top, we offer you an interesting salary package and corresponding benefits (company car, group and health insurance, 32 days of paid leave, a renowned company restaurant,...