As a Java Developer at de Persgroep you will be joining a team of more than 500 IT colleagues. Each and every one of us is driven by the passion for our products and we find teamwork, taking initiative and having an agile mindset to be important. You will be working in a cross-functional Scrum team, a.k.a. a ‘Squad’.
- *How can you make a difference?*Your focus is primarily on back-end Java software development. You know all there is to know about your domain, and Java 8 (or higher), REST, Maven, Spring, Hibernate, MongoDB and ElasticSearch hold no secrets from you. Okay, maybe just a few secrets... but the point is that you love learning new things and that you keep a close eye on technological evolutions.
- Squad? Different profiles, one TEAM. Different projects, one goal, one mission! As a team, you are responsible for the design, low-level architecture, build, QA testing and delivery of software. We live by the baseline: ‘you build it, you run it’.
- Don't forget: what you do is not important, it's essential to our daily flow.
- Must-have knowledge: Amazon Web Services, Java 8 up to 11, database technologies (relational as well as document based), REST, Spring and Hibernate
- CI/CD knowledge: Maven/Gradle, Bitbucket pipelines, docker, ECS, fargate
- Beyond that, you are familiar with DDD, the SOLID principles and Clean Code. TDD/BDD are a second nature to you and you’ve at least heard of Clean Architecture (a.k.a ports and adapters).
- Agile mindset and experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Curious and open-minded
- Critical; always looking for the 'why' of things
- Passionate about development and always focused on quality
- Team oriented – going for victory together
- You draw energy from working in a high-tech and continuously innovating environment as we're switching to an AWS cloud.
You will be working at a leading media company bustling with fun colleagues.
Like you, they are passionate about digital and offline media and are continuously learning new things from each other and from the best in the trade. You are set out on a journey where every next week will be different from the last, and where you are stimulated on a daily basis to take things to the next level. As a cherry on top, we offer you an interesting salary package and corresponding benefits (company car, group and health insurance, 32 days of paid leave, a renowned company restaurant,...