As a Security Engineer at DPG Media you will be joining our Security team. Together, you will brainstorm on how to secure our IT environment, and you will manage tooling to keep the overview of our security posture on our hybrid IT Infrastructure, collect and manage vulnerabilities and participate at cyber awareness campaigns.
Your role As a Security Engineer at you will be joining our DPG Media Security Team. Together, you will brainstorm on how to secure our IT environment, and you will manage tooling to keep the overview of our security posture on our hybrid IT Infrastructure, collect and manage vulnerabilities and participate at cyber awareness campaigns.
You know how to interpret security reports and you can give relevant and risk-based suggestions for solving security issues in the applications. You have a basic understanding of how penetration testing works in order to manage its results. This knowledge will help you actively integrating "continuous security" in our development lifecycle. In order to avoid cyber security incidents, IT security risks have to be identified and managed within a cyber security risk mitigation process. Within the security team you will assist in setting up an awareness program.
Not only do you have the necessary technical knowledge and experience, you also show adequate communicative skills to support the teams and improve their security posture. You're not afraid to assist when it comes to less technical issues either such as strategy development, proofreading technical measures in contracts etc. You will directly report to the CISO.
To sum up some of your responsibilities:
- Interpreting reports coming in through bug bounty programs
- Assisting in a ISO 27001 risk mitigation process
- Conveying the importance of security throughout the company
- Cyber Security Awareness program
- Contact person for all questions related to software security
- Automating the security process in the SDLC
Not quite convinced yet?
- Your playing field: the largest media company in the Benelux and Denmark HLN.be, deMorgen.be, AD.nl, volkskrant.nl, tweakers.net, nu.nl, VTM, VTMGO and many more …
- ICT within DPG Media? A large and strong team which considers working together to be the key to success and which is building entirely new media products, editorial system, video broadcasting platforms and websites. All of this with an Agile mindset.
- Basic knowledge in penetration testing
- Not frowning when hearing the term 'OWASP' (known for their "Top 10" and their best practices)
- Knowledge of web security best practices (TLS, Security headers, ...)
- Microservices architecture (REST APIs, ...)
- Basic Knowledge of security in AWS
- You love a fast-moving work environment and gain energy from learning from each other and from the best in the trade
- As a true expert you have an analytical, precise and reliable approach
- Hands-on and always aiming for business value
- You will be working at a leading media company bustling with fun colleagues. Like you, they are passionate about digital and offline media and are continuously learning new things from each other and from the best in the trade. You are set out on a journey where every next week will be different from the last, and where you are stimulated on a daily basis to take things to the next level.
- You will help in shaping the news media of the future and are given the opportunity to keep reinventing yourself in an environment where continuous learning is the benchmark. All of this through training (internal and external), online courses, experiments,... You decide where the journey takes you, with maximum support from us.
- As a cherry on top we offer you an interesting salary package and corresponding benefits (company car, group and health insurance, 32 days of paid leave, a renowned company restaurant, profit participation and appealing comfort services).
- Together we are building the future of DPG Media.
- You will be based in Antwerp.