As a NodeJs developer you will be part of a cross-functional Scrum team (Squad) within the IT Video Area, building new and/or further optimizing existing websites around VTM and other brands (with e.g. voting component/app with regard to The Voice, Belgium’s Got Talent).
Without elaborating on the content we can already tell you that, together with your colleagues and under constant coordination with the necessary stakeholders, you will be building the best possible product for our TV and video consumers.
You're reading it right: we start off with a basic concept, and it is further shaped through your knowledge and expertise, stakeholder feedback and daily team meetings.
- How can you make a difference? Your primarily mission is to work on the VTM and related brands websites, with a strong focus on NodeJs, JS, Typescript and AWS
(Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, GraphQL). Secondly, also a
great focus on the QA part of it: we’re talking QA development with a
focus on test automation (test framework is Java based).
Next to NodeJs, you know all there is to know about Java, TDD, Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber, etc. are not just a figment of your imagination – you can't wait to put it into practice.
- Squad? Different profiles, one TEAM. Different projects, one goal, one mission! As a team you are responsible for the design, low-level architecture, build, QA testing and delivery of software. We live by the baseline: ‘you build it, you run it’.
- Don't forget: what you do is not important, it's essential to our daily flow.
Your key strengths
- First and foremost: you are excited and eager to raise the QA bar of our VTM website and its interactieve components/apps, together with the team.
- Must-have knowledge: you have experience with NodeJs, JS, Java, Typescript, AWS, TDD (Test-Driven Development) and some knowledge of: Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber, Behat, Gherkin and the likes. Familiar with CI/CD Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo and the likes.
- Nice-to-have knowledge: Experience in building and testing API’s, with a focus on Clean Code & Architecture.
- The following notions/tools are self-evident to you: Test Driven Development, Clean Code & Architecture, Git, JIRA, Confluence, CI/CD, You build it, you run it!
- Curious and open-minded
- Critical, always looking for the 'why' of things
- Passionate about development and always focused on quality
- Team oriented – going for victory together
- In short, an agile mindset!