Work on our latest product that contributes to our mission “we want to enrich people’s lives with leading media that inform, inspire and entertain” by bringing the most relevant news to millions of people. In this job as a Node.js developer you'll be working on the backend for this new product (web and app).
What will you be doing
In this job as a Node.js developer you will work in end-to-end feature teams and collaborate with other back-end developers, machine learning engineers and front-enders. Together, you will shape the design of news personalization features, with a focus on performance, in our news apps and in a standalone product in an environment that keeps reinventing itself and puts the user/reader first. Naturally, you make sure everything works seamlessly and is user friendly, so everyone can access his or her news.
- Together with the frontenders you will design the app where you’ll be responsible for coding, testing and deploying with a focus on reliability and performance.
- You work closely together with and guide the machine learning engineers through your requirements to bring their work as soon as possible to the consumer.
About the team
You will become part of a young team, both in age as in lifetime. With this comes the opportunity to contribute to deciding the most efficient way to complete the roadmap. The aim is to work together with a team of machine learning engineers, mobile, backend and frontend developers, accompanied by UX designers.
Even more reasons to work at DPG Media
At DPG Media, we work for more than 90 strong news brands, magazines, television shows, radio stations, and online services such as Qmusic, NU.nl, Tweakers, Libelle, and VTM. Although we look like a media group, we are really a tech company. We get digital transformation done.
We offer a high-performing tech workplace where we treasure freedom, from how you find solutions to choosing your path. Feel free to be an entrepreneur, an apprentice, a team player, and, of course, to be you. We welcome everyone to apply, whatever your background may be. A great bunch of smart colleagues awaits you and are eager for you to join the team, whether that be a project team, a pub quiz team, or a sports team.
Who are you
You are an experienced, versatile backend or full-stack engineer with a strong focus on building online consumer facing products/platforms. A strong sense of ownership is important for you.
We expect you to have experience with:
- Typescript/Node.js, Serverless architecture, REST, TDD/BDD, Clean Architecture (a.k.a ports and adapters).
- Nice to have: Familiarity with DDD, basic functional programming techniques.
- You are a good match if you're passionate about development, always focusing on quality.
- Also you're team oriented – going for victory together.
As the largest media company in Belgium, we are open to all talents in our society. We call on candidates with a diverse background - in the broadest sense of the word - to apply for this position. It’s the differences between colleagues that lead to surprising insights and innovative solutions. And that, in turn, fits very well with us as an organization. We are curious about you, your qualities, and your experience.