As an IT Application Engineer Video, your focus will primarily be on designing, implementing and maintaining (online) video creation and editing IT solutions.
The focus of your activities is not only on the video editing and production applications (Media Asset Management, Editing software, ...), but also the necessary infrastructure (AWS S3 buckets, windows servers, network designed for video, storage solutions, ….) needed to support them.
How can you make a difference? There are many ways: your primary focus is managing the video production and editing tooling and infrastructure. You draw energy from helping end-users, solving problems, troubleshooting and working with your team and other teams in an environment with the most visited websites in Belgium and the Netherlands. Next to that, you align with the different initiatives that exist regarding the production of online video and you understand the needs of your stakeholders and end-users.
IT within de DPG Media? We are a group of more than 400 IT colleagues. Each and every one of us is driven by the passion for our products. We also find teamwork, taking initiative and having an agile mindset to be important and we want to innovate in all areas – yes, literally ALL areas.
- Squad? Different profiles, one TEAM. Different projects, one goal. Together with your team you will be responsible. We live by the baseline: ‘you build it, you run it’.
- You have experience in the operational management of a video editing and production,... in a medium or large production environment.
- You are technically Hands-on
- You can spin up infrastructure and maintain them in the cloud and on premise
- You are willing to work in a BENE (and occasionally DK) context.
- We estimate there will be 2 - 3 days BENE travel per weeks (mainly Rotterdam and Amsterdam)
- You have hands on experience with IT infrastructure operations incl. AWS Cloud
- You are able to create concepts and solution architecture
- You are able to work independently, but involve the right colleagues if necessary
- You are a driven problem solver and have a significant sense of responsibility
- You are eager to learn about the world of Video editing & tools
- You are open-minded and love a no-nonsense approach
- You are critical; always looking for the 'why' of things
- You are passionate about IT and always focused on quality
- You are team-oriented
- You draw energy from working in a high-tech and continuously innovating environment
We require AWS certification (associate or professional) now or the latest within 6 months of the start of employment.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- You will be working at a leading media company bustling with fun colleagues. Like you, they are passionate about digital and offline media and are continuously learning new things from each other and from the best in the trade. You are set out on a journey where every next week will be different from the last, and where you are stimulated on a daily basis to take things to the next level.
- You will help in shaping the news media of the future and are given the opportunity to keep reinventing yourself in an environment where continuous learning is the benchmark. All of this through training (internal and external), guild meetings, online courses, experiments,... You decide where the journey takes you, with maximum support from us.
- We offer you an interesting salary package and corresponding benefits
- Or we offer you a short term freelance agreement.
- As a cherry on top, our new head office is located at the walking distance of Antwerp-Central station.