Over the past two years DPG Media has rolled out a number of homemade innovative Machine Learning applications. The team responsible for personalised video recommendations in products like VTM GO, Streamz, HLN.be and AD.nl is currently looking for a Machine Learning Engineer.
- Maintain and extend our Video Recommendation back-end
- Actively participate in brainstorms to improve both our back-end and our algorithms
- Design, develop, run and evaluate online AB-tests
- Support operational excellence through practices like code review and pair programming
- The entire team is responsible for the operations of our services. This includes actively monitoring different applications and their infrastructure as well as intervening to solve operational problems whenever they arise.
- Keep up with developments in the wide field of Recommendations and Machine Learning
- Academic degree in computer science or closely related field, or equivalent experience
- Ambitious and assertive. You will operate in a team of highly skilled and motivated people who value each other's opinions and perspectives
- You are passionate about what you do and the products you support
- Familiar with basic concepts of statistics and probability theory
- Some pre-existing knowledge or experience in the field of Machine Learning (can be academical or hands-on..)
- Experience in Python and key libraries such as pandas, SciPy, NumPy…
- Experience with a JVM based language (Scala...) is a plus
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience / Certification on Amazon Web Services is a plus