About DPG Media IT
We are the software craftsmen behind the digital products of all the media brands of DPG Media and all our internal applications that keep our business running. This means we enable the biggest news & entertainment brands in The Netherlands and Belgium via technology.
- Discovering the agile culture in the media industry.
- Delivering incremental business value with high quality and high speed as well as providing good support to our customers, is what we do.
More than 500 colleagues working from Antwerp, Vilvoorde, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Hoofddorp. We believe the unit of delivery is the team. We want to mobilize all the brainpower we can and therefore try to organise our work environment without unnecessary levels and hierarchies, pigeon holes or marching orders to simply be executed.
Group IT Services Area
At DPG Media we all contribute to our mission to reach and inform as many people as possible. Our IT organization has several areas of expertise, today our Group IT services Area is looking for a skilled scrum master. Your challenge?
Our mission is to Support other IT teams with infrastructure services (networking, server, storage & middleware) & provide connectivity and IT building services to DPG Media employees
This results into 3 major flows:
- Keep it running → make sure we guarantee the uptime of provided services
- Support other IT teams → by helping to achieve their goals
- Area improvement → deliver the services in the best possible and cost efficient way
- You support the area in it’s people management
- Our area consists of highly skilled and mature agile professionals. You will coach them to improve their operations. Therefore you do the daily follow-up of the squad’s operations.
- You make a difference by creating a positive working environment, you are the "Voice of reason" when the pressure becomes too great, you are not afraid to identify problems and, if necessary, you look for helplines in the broad organization.
- By using the spirit of scrum (principles-based), you ensure that people and teams find the right context and support to produce their best work and remove impediments.
- You coach peoples careers in IT infrastructure environments
- You think in terms of processes and are fascinated to continuously improve them
- You have knowledge and experience of day-to-day operations tasks in infrastructure teams and you have technical knowledge of network, data center, cloud and security.
- You have prior experience as a Scrum Master
- You think in terms of “We” and apply Servant Leadership
- You have experience in IT Infrastructure
- You encourage cross-functional squad operations. Encourages real collaboration.
- You are used to working with a group and building dynamics.
- As a born and experienced communicator you make connections and stimulate conversations: within the team, with business stakeholders, and with your fellow scrum masters. In short, you succeed in turning a group into a team.
- In addition to talking, you can also listen well and ask questions and you have coaching skills, you understand what communication means and you have extensive experience with this.
- Decisive is who you are and what you do, you do not wait, but take the lead and are the sparring partner for the Area Manager.
- You are a pragmatic thinker, flexible, result-oriented and systematic. and good facilitator.
- You quickly turn problems into solutions and strive for continuous improvement. You have experience in guiding change and manage to shift the focus to the future.
- Loves a fast-moving work environment and working in a cross-functional team gives you energy
What we offer you
- We strongly believe in autonomous and self-managing teams, so you get a lot of say in how you want to work or what you want to improve.
- You will be working at a leading media company bustling with fun colleagues. Like you, they are passionate about digital and offline media and are continuously learning new things from each other and from the best in the trade. You are set out on a journey where every next week will be different from the last, and where you are stimulated on a daily basis to take things to the next level.
- You get the opportunity to keep reinventing yourself in an environment where continuous learning is the benchmark. All of this through trainings (internal and external), guild meetings, online courses, experiments,... You decide where the journey takes you, with maximum support from us!