What it’s about
Within the marketing department – which is active in both The Netherlands and Belgium – we’re looking for a great Java developer to help us realise our paywall vision, which is a core pillar of our subscription based business model.
As a developer in the paywall team you’ll be responsible for maintaining and updating a couple of existing applications and services – in the cloud – which are used throughout the whole organisation. Additionally we want to accelerate the development of our paywall, and that’s where you come in!
This is what we’re looking for
- Your homebase is Antwerp, but you don’t mind regularly travelling to Rotterdam or Amsterdam
- You don’t mind interacting with a wide range of people such as DPOs, developers, product owners and marketeers
- You believe in agile and you understand why it matters
- You’re a good communicator when it matters
- You are well-versed in modern web technologies such as HTTP, REST & JSON
- Experience with AWS and/or Thymeleaf would be nice
- Experience in paywall technologies is a plus
This is us
At DPG Media you get to work for an international media company where you can build stuff that is used by millions of people.
Continuous deployment and automated testing are some of our core beliefs and we’ve moved to the cloud (AWS actually) with no intention of turning back. We also strongly believe in autonomous and self-managing teams, so you get a lot of say in how you want to work or what you want to improve. You’ll join a team from which you can expect much love & support.
We do our best to support you to build the best software possible, whether it’s working remotely 1 day per week or giving you access to the latest and greatest development tools. Hungry for more knowledge? We got you: take a couple of days every year to visit conferences or take on some extra training.
And finally, before we forget: obviously we’ll pay you some money too and slap on a bunch of benefits while we’re at it.