DPG Media IT is looking for a Cluster Manager for its Business Cluster. This cluster enables the core operation of our media, building the tools of the future for our newsrooms, rethinking distribution and customer services. As a cluster manager, you have an overall strategic, operational and P&L responsibility in those domains.
You are part of the IT management team being responsible for our business cluster.
- As a member of the IT management team, you report to the CIO
- With this IT management team you work on professionalising the whole of IT within DPG Media, by developing an ambitious and appealing IT strategy, and taking care of it’s proper implementation
- Full strategic and P&L responsibility for the IT projects, programs and operations that support our editorial, distribution, customer service and advertising back-office systems and liaise with the business directors in this area
- Making sure the right IT resources at the highest level are allocated to achieve the priorities in those areas
- Define the strategic and key objectives for your areas and supporting your area managers in the implementation of those objectives
- Negotiating large contracts with suppliers
- Leading our strategic IT projects
- Translating strategic business objectives into IT priorities
- Active contributing to the growth and development of leadership, business and strategic skills of the area managers in your cluster
- Alignment of the IT change agenda in the cluster with the strategy of the company
- Managing stakeholders and conflicting interests at the highest level of the organization
- Getting the best performance out of a limited number of resources to achieve the highest priorities negotiated with business
- Optimising the use of resources to ever changing business requirements
- Demonstrating leadership throughout the organisation, fostering collaboration and strategic IT alignment with our business stakeholders
You have 3 different types of equally important key stakeholders. Your first group of stakeholders are the users of the systems that your areas are producing: journalists writing articles, call agents taking customer calls, advertiser's using our portfolio … Your second group of key stakeholders are the business directors and their staff at CxO level within DPG Media responsible for editorial systems, distribution, advertising and customer services. Your third group of key stakeholders are all of the IT staff in your areas whose performance and growth are your main concern.
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years of experience in large environments as project manager, strategic IT consultant, or management role
- 5+ years experience in media industry
- Senior management experience combining strategic and operational skills, interacting at the CxO level in large corporate environments with a high focus on clients and value: stakeholder management, negotiation,
- Proven people management and communication skills: dealing with difficult conversations, demonstrated leadership, managing change, presentation skills at CxO level
- Business acumen: setting budgets, P&L management, business-to-IT-alignment, innovation
- Translating strategic business requirements into challenging IT priorities
- Experience working in large scale agile environments
- Proactive, pragmatic, engaging
- Master-level in Economics, Business, IT or Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Willingness to travel between our Antwerp, Vilvoorde, Amsterdam and Rotterdam offices
- You will be working at a leading media company surrounded by awesome colleagues who make an actual impact. Like them, you are passionate about ICT and are continuously learning new things from each other and from the best in the trade.
- You are set out on a journey where every next week will be different from the last, and where you are stimulated on a daily basis to take things to a higher level.
- We offer you an interesting salary package and corresponding benefits (company car, group and health insurance, 32 days of paid leave, a company restaurant, …)
- Obviously, we provide the newest technologies and all the devices you need to excel in your work.
- Easy to reach offices in Antwerp, Rotterdam and Amsterdam
- We believe in flexible work: you give some, you get some. You don’t need to be at the office at 8.00 or even 9.00 sharp, we only ask you to check with your colleagues beforehand as they might have their own habits. Of course, we also expect you to be there for a super important meeting or a kick-ass team event.
- Amazing fun and tech events year-round. Check our LinkedIn page for proof.
About 400 IT colleagues build, implement and maintain the digital future of media. They are organised into 14 product oriented areas collaborating with business units in a large scale agile environment. The areas are brought together into 3 clusters, Media, Business and Support, each one matching a strategic business flow.</p>