About DPG Media IT
We are the IT craftsmen behind the digital products of all the media brands of DPG Media and all our internal applications that keep our business running. This means we enable the biggest news & entertainment brands in The Netherlands and Belgium via technology.
· Discovering the agile culture in the media industry.
· Delivering incremental business value with high quality and high speed as well as providing good support to our customers, is what we do.
More than 500 colleagues work from Antwerp, Vilvoorde, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Hoofddorp and Copenhagen. We believe the unit of delivery is the team. We want to mobilize all the brainpower we can and therefore try to organize our work environment without unnecessary levels and hierarchies, pigeon holes or marching orders to simply be executed.
Understanding the “why” is a prerequisite for doing what we do best. Understanding the problem is key to finding good solutions. Since we don't know what the future will be, we optimize for scale when it makes sense, for fast experiments & learning wherever we can.
As a Cloud AWS Engineer you guarantee continuous deployment and automated testing; We’ve moved to the cloud (AWS) with no intention of turning back. We also strongly believe in autonomous and self-managing teams, so you get a lot of say in how you want to work or what you want to improve. You are part of the Cloud IT team and participate in SecDevOps Community of Practice (COP) with different IT Areas.
· Cloud Domain Expert which knows how to create a healthy AWS environment
· Design, implement and maintain solutions to manage and monitor the AWS accounts
· Handling Service Requests (Access, New Accounts)
· Manage/Operate and assure availability, performance and security of the services
· Setting up and maintaining the infrastructure for projects that land on AWS
· AWS life cycles; planning appropriate actions regarding Identity & Access Management and Configuration Management.
· You’ll help define solutions to problems in close collaboration with our business stakeholders
· Take operational responsibilities within team’s Cloud domains
· Keep an eye on cost-effectiveness and security measures with the Cloud IT team and other IT-teams
· You will be a part of SecDevOps Community of Practice (COP).
· Prioritisation of the SecDevOps related central initiatives -aligned with the different stakeholders- towards the different areas
· Knowledge of AWS Cloud Infrastructure (most tooling is built on AWS infrastructure)
· AWS certification
· Experience with infra-as-code (Terraform/Cloudformation)
· Experience with one other public Cloud provider is a big plus
· Programming skills (Java/Go/Python)
· Proven billing and/or security skills
· DevOps mindset
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills
· You work in a very structured way and have the ability to add structure to the team
· Agile experience
· Ability to work in a team with people from all backgrounds
What we offer you
- Continuous deployment and automated testing are some of our core beliefs and we’ve moved to the cloud (AWS) with no intention of turning back. We also strongly believe in autonomous and self-managing teams, so you get a lot of say in how you want to work or what you want to improve.
- You will be working at a leading media company bustling with fun colleagues. Like you, they are passionate about digital and offline media and are continuously learning new things from each other and from the best in the trade. You are set out on a journey where every next week will be different from the last, and where you are stimulated on a daily basis to take things to the next level.
- You get the opportunity to keep reinventing yourself in an environment where continuous learning is the benchmark. All of this through trainings (internal and external), guild meetings, online courses, experiments,... You decide where the journey takes you, with maximum support from us!