For the DPG Media IT organisation, we’re looking for a talented Application Specialist (AS) for the Customer Services Area. Our Customer Services Area creates an environment for relieving the customer of with fast, flawless (digital) services and supports our efficient customer services organisation. As part of our daily work we are responsible for all subscription related services, which is the heart of our company. Our service makes impact to millions of readers within The Netherlands and Belgium. We are looking for an Application Specialist to help us in our challenges, while a big part of the platform is being renewed.
Within DPG media the Application Specialist :
- Is expert on the subscription applications BAB/BAN, which is built on 'Oracle Webforms'-platform ,
- Configures and does the installation of our applications and tools
- As a team member responsible for refinement (from coarse grained to fine grained) of backlog items
- Being the proxy for business stakeholders and end users. Translate the needs into the required stories
- Formulates proposals with regard to the logical construction of configurations and activities
- Is able to estimate impact on domain (around application)
- Take active ownership in activities that are necessary to deliver (constant) quality and to go to production
- Actively participate as a team member and contribute to giving demos, supervising workshops, training for users, guidance in roll-outs;
- Develop an active link with user support and be available for questions and assistance.
You will work with our teams in a You build it, You run it (DevOps) environment. Although we usually write in English, fluent understanding and speaking in Dutch is required
- You are eager to create an in-depth expert knowledge about the subscription applications (both application as functional management) within the functional context.
- Expert knowledge in oracle (PL/SQL), oracle forms and/or unix scripting.
- You are business-driven, team-oriented, curious, open-minded and eager to learn
- Understand why something is being asked / what context is behind it. Can think analytically and work in a structured way.
- Result-oriented: always improving the result of the team (and see consequences on application)
- Bonus for knowledge or experience in Customer Care processes / CRM.
You will be working at a leading media company bustling with fun colleagues. Like you, they are passionate about digital and offline media and are continuously learning new things from each other and from the best in the trade. You are set out on a journey where every next week will be different from the last, and where you are stimulated on a daily basis to take things to the next level.
You will help in shaping the news media of the future and are given the opportunity to keep reinventing yourself in an environment where continuous learning is the benchmark. All of this through trainings (internal and external), guild meetings, online courses, experiments,... You decide where the journey takes you, with maximum support from us.
As a cherry on top, we offer you an interesting salary package and corresponding benefits (company car, group and health insurance, 32 days of paid leave, a renowned company restaurant, profit participation and appealing comfort services) Interested? Do you recognize yourself? Apply!