Streamz is a joint venture of DPG Media and Telenet to launch the first local streaming service in Flanders. This synergy of 2 flagship companies in Belgium will create a comprehensive entertainment experience by offering top notch local content that reflects the hartbeat of Flanders, in combination with a wide range of international content coming from reputable studios like Universal and HBO. Streamz will give the viewer more choice than ever, and Flemish television makers will have an outstanding platform on which to showcase their creativity.
Our WHY is to touch and connect the Flemish households and to give local audiovisual creativity an international scene to flourish. The Streamz team is currently composed of 20 talented entertainment experts, with knowledge in content, platforms, content operations, marketing, sales and communications. Starting point is a client portfolio of 450.000 Players, ambition is to connect with much more Streamerz. If you are a strong leader in Finance, HR and Legal and you feel connected to the journey of this start-up company, please feel free to explore this challenging career path.
You will be the point of contact for all Accounting, Financial, HR and Legal matters, ensuring the long-term economic and financial viability of the company, and complement the CEO in successful operations management.
- Defining the strategy for the company’s financial position and a multi-year plan for its employees
- Effective day-to-day leadership and operational guidance of staff and work processed within the Finance, HR, and Legal teams (3 FTE’s, and growing)
- Ensuring clear objectives and deliverables
Main objectives for Finance:
- Ensure accurate financial reporting towards key stakeholders and filing of the annual accounts
- Manage relations with the statutory auditors, banks, and shareholders in collaboration with and under guidance from the CEO
- Oversee forecasting and budgeting activities as part of the recurring strategic planning exercise
- Lead the treasury and cash management position of the company (incl. cash flow planning, FOREX hedging, etc.)
- Define key finance processes and systems, and ensure sufficient business controls
- Define the policies and processes necessary to guarantee the good management of financial resources and projects of the organization
- Define a risk management policy for the organization and develop a procedure for identifying, processing and monitoring the various risks
Main objectives for Human Resources:
- Lead HR projects ensuring continuous improvement and delivery of the HR function in supporting the goals and strategy of the business
- Be accountable for the successful delivery of HR services to the business
- Ensure operational and strategic HR support, advice and delivery to People Managers and their teams
- Define the company’s internal policies
- You combine a strong expertise in finance and HR, with understanding of the media and entertainment business, and ability to connect a start-up environment with a complex governance model
- Leadership profile: results-oriented, innovative and analytical with a drive for change, high standards and a disciplined personality
An opportunity to be a leading actor of the core team with a mission to be amongst the top 2 SVOD streaming services in Flemish households.