As a data scientist/engineer you are part of the data valorisation competence center with focus on maximizing the value of data for DPG Media Belgium. You will be a part of the DPOST team with focus on data applications for the leading Belgian publishing brands HLN, De Morgen, Humo, Dag Allemaal, Goed Gevoel,.... DPOST focuses on creating predictive data science models for churn reduction & sales optimization, robot journalism and analyses and insights for marketing and editorial teams.
- You will build predictive data science models to optimise sales/churn, cross-sell, up-sell, next best action, … and follow up with IT to have these models ready to use in production environments.
- You will provide data insights to our marketing & editorial business stakeholders and make in depth data analyses on the usage of our publishing brands.
- You think and collaborate actively on the appropriate metrics and reports for our digital insights. You can work on this end-to-end, starting from data and ending with a report.
- You work with different technologies (Python, Spark, Tableau, AWS, DataIKU, ,..) to achieve your goal.
- Academic degree in computer science or closely related field, or equivalent experience
- Familiar with basic concepts of statistics and probability theory
- Experience in the field of Machine Learning (can be academical or hands-on..)
- Experience in Python and key libraries such as Pandas, SciPy, NumPy…
- Experience with setting up projects in production environments and making sure the day-to-day is fully operational and stable
- Experience with Pyspark is a plus
- Experience / Certification on Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Ambitious and assertive. You will operate in a team of highly skilled and motivated people who value each other's opinions and perspectives
- You are passionate about what you do and the products you support
- You are a thorough but pragmatic team player