Your main challenge: The TV & Radio Data Squad delivers end-to-end solutions that enable personalized video products (Video Recommendations), advanced CRM as well as new insights (clustering & segment analysis…) for our online video & radio platforms (VTM GO, Q2, Qmusic, Joe, Stievie…). As a Machine Learning Engineer in this squad you use your expertise in Machine Learning & Software Engineering to bring innovative Machine Learning solutions into production. The squad operates from Vilvoorde, in collaboration with our IT and Data colleagues at DPG Media, both in Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark.
- Design and implement new data driven solutions for our stakeholders
- Maintain and extend existing back end that powers personalized video (Collaborative Filtering, A/B components…)
- Maintain and extend predictive modeling solutions
- Design, set-up and evaluate experiments & A/B tests to validate Machine Learning solutions
- Automate data quality & data validation processes based on business definitions & requirements
- Guide the teams architecture and way of working, we are an Agile squad, constantly looking to improve our processes
- Deliver robust & reliable production services
- Align with IT architects to make sure our infrastructure remains efficient in outputting data and supports the squads mission in the best way possible.
- You have a higher education in Computer Science or a related quantitative field or accumulated equivalent experience
- Strong analytics skills, including data querying, predictive modeling and experimental design
- You have significant experience in the following technologies or are willing to quickly ramp up your expertise:
- Programming: Python, Spark, Scala
- Infrastructure & Platform: AWS Stack, Apache Kafka
- Experience with high load, scalable services is a plus. (scaling, caching…)
- You care about details and understand the data you are manipulating
- You know when to be pragmatic and when to think long term (value driven development)
- You like to work in a team and are able to coach squad members through principles like code review & pair programming
- You have a passion for applications and innovations in online media and like to work in an Agile way.